CONTI Maria Alessandra
MAJOR ORGANIZATIONAL ACTIVITIES
- She has been a member of the “Comitato nazionale di consulenza del CNR per le Scienze geologiche e minerarie” acting as scientific secretary;
- She has partecipated as an expert to the “Segreteria tecnica per la Difesa del Suolo del Ministero dell’Ambiente”;
- She has been evaluetor of numerous research projects and , on behalf of the Fondazione CRUI, of numerous courses of study;
- She has been a member of the Senato Accademico Integrato dell'Università "La Sapienza" of Rome.
- She has been the director of the Paleontology Museum of the Earth Science Department of Sapienza, University of Rome.
- She is president of the “Consiglio di Area Didattica in Scienze geologiche”
The research activity has been addressed in different field:
- Tetrapod Ichnofaunas; paleontological, stratigraphical and paleobiogeographical studies of the Paleozoic and Triassic continental facies of Italy; paleobiogeographical studies on dinosaur ichnofaunas of southern Italy.
- taxonomy, stratigraphy and evolution of mesozoic gastropods; The main results have been obtained from taxonomical studies, with the recognition of several new taxa, and from the resulting paleoecological and paleobiogeographic reconstructions.
She has published over 70 papers in scientific journals, she participated to the organization of national and international Congresses and Conferences; she has taken part in numerous scientific expeditions; she has carried out an intense field work in Italy and in other countries abroad and organized geo-paleontological excavations; she has collaborated in the preparation of exhibitions organized by the Paleontology Museum of the Earth Science Department of Sapienza, University of Rome.
Paleontologia (A-K) 1° anno Corso di Laurea in Scienze Geologiche
Paleoecologia e Palaeobiogeografia dell’ambiente marino 1° anno Corso di Laurea Magistrale in Geologia di esplorazione