- Permanent Academic position at the Department of Earth Sciences, Sapienza University of Rome,
Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, I-00185, Rome, Italy.
Tel: +39064991901. E-mail: email@example.com
General Research Interests
- Mineralogy and Crystallography: experimental and theoretical crystal chemistry of minerals, mineral systematics and atom ordering in crystals.
Education and Training
- University Master degree. Sapienza Rome University.
- Qualification as a Professional Geologist. G. D’Annunzio Chieti University.
- Ph.D. in Earth Sciences. Sapienza Rome University. Thesis in Mineralogy.
- 2001-2005: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Earth Sciences Department, Sapienza Rome University.
- 2006-2008: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Department of Mineralogy, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm.
- 2008-present: permanent position at the Earth Sciences Department, Sapienza Rome University.
- 2014: guest researcher (10 months) at the Department of Geosciences, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Stockholm.
Teaching Experience at Sapienza University of Rome
- 2008-2018, courses taught: Elements of Mineralogy (Bachelor degree in Chemistry), Systematic Mineralogy (Bachelor degrees in Geological Sciences)
- Current courses taught: 1) Characterization of minerals (Master degrees in Exploration Geology) and 2) Mineralogy (Bachelor degree in Technologies for Conservation and Restoration of Cultural Heritage)
- 2008-present: Board of examiner’s member for Bachelor and Master degree in Earth Sciences.
- 2008-present: Supervisor for 1 Ph.D, 6 Master and 7 Bachelor final theses.
- 2016-present: Board member of the Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, Sapienza Rome University.
- 2010-present: Leader of the single-crystal X-ray diffraction laboratory, Sapienza Rome University.
- 2008-present: Associated member of National Research Council of Italy.
- 2008-present: Board member of the Museum of Mineralogy, Sapienza Rome University.
- 2015: Co-chairman for the organization of the 8 th European Conference on Mineralogy and Spectroscopy (ECMS 2015) held in Rome, 9-11 September.
- 2016-2017: Scientific board member for the 2 rd International Conference on Tourmaline “Tourmaline 2017” held in Nové Město na Moravě, Czech Republic, June 23-28.
- 2019: Session Chair at the XIX International Meeting on Crystal Chemistry, X-Ray Diffraction and Spectroscopy of Minerals. Apatity, Russia, July 2-6.
- 2019: Session Chair at the 9th European Conference on Mineralogy and Spectroscopy. Prague, Czech Republic, September 11-13,
- 2019-present: Co-chairman for the organization of the (next) 3 rd International Conference on Tourmaline (TUR2021), Elba Island, Italy, September 2021.
- 2004-present: Reviewer for scientific journals (Contribution to Mineralogy and Petrology, American Mineralogist, European Journal of Mineralogy, Physics and Chemistry of Minerals, Zeitschrift fur Kristallographie, Mineralogical Magazine, Periodico di Mineralogia, Journal of 2 Geosciences, Canadian Mineralogist, Ceramics International, Minerals, Acta Crystallographica Section B, Lithos).
- 2009-present: Reviewer for funding of project proposals (Czech Science Foundation, University of Trieste, Austrian Science Fund, National Science Centre of Poland).
- 2015: Guest Editor of the scientific journal Periodico di Mineralogia (September 2015).
- 2016: Guest Editor of the scientific journal European Journal of Mineralogy (2016, 28, n.3)
- 2013-2016: Associate Editor for the scientific journal American Mineralogist.
- 2018-present: Associate Editor for the scientific journal Mineralogical Magazine.
- 2019-present: Associate Editor for the scientific journal Minerals.
Award, Reward and Invited talks
- 2007: award for the best poster presented at the First EuroMinScI Conference, France.
- 2013, invited talk: Department of Earth Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- 2013, invited talk: National Group of Mineralogy Meeting, Padua, Italy.
- 2015, reward: dedication of the new mineral bosiite, NaFe3(Al4Mg2)(Si6O18)(BO3)3(OH)3O.
- 2017, invited talk: 2 rd International Conference on Tourmaline “Tourmaline 2017”, Nové Město na Moravě, Czech Republic.
- 2018, invited talk: Department of Mineralogy and Crystallography, University of Vienna, Austria.
- 2019, invited talk: XIX International Meeting on Crystal Chemistry, X-Ray Diffraction and Spectroscopy of Minerals. Apatity, Russia.
- 2019, invited talk: Regional Centre of Advanced Technologies and Materials. Olomouc, Czech Republic.
- 2019, invited talk: Department of Geological Sciences, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic.
- Leader of the projects: 1) University AST project 2008; 2) University research project 2012; 3) University research project 2014; 4) University research project 2015; 5) University research project 2016; 6) FFABR, National project 2018; 6) University research project 2018.
- Participated in projects: 1) University research project 2009; 3) University research project 2010; 4) PRIN national project 2010; 5) University research project 2011; 6) University research project 2013; 7) University research project 2017; 8) “Large digs”, University project 2019.
- All my publications (> 90) are in peer-reviewed journals and 25 new minerals were approved by the IMA-CNMNC.
Curriculum Vitae Inglese: