Short Curriculum Vitae
Graduated in Natural Science from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Ph.D. in Earth Sciences.
2005 – 2015 Researcher for the “La Sapienza, University of Rome”.
2015 – 2020 Associate Professor at “La Sapienza, University of Rome”
Since 2007 Associate researcher IGAG (Istituto di Geologia Ambientale e Geoingegneria) - CNR
2011- 2016 component of Geosed (Italia Association for Sedimentary Geology) Bureau.
Since 2014 Italian Regional Correspondents for IAS (International Association of Sedimentologist). Since 2017 coordinator of GEOSED (Section of Geological Italian Society).
Since 2017 Associate Editor Marine and Petroleum Geology
Since 2018 Associate Editor of Itaian Journal of Geosciences.
2019 co organizer of 34° IAS Meeting of Sedimentology.
- Degree in Natural Sciences
- PhD in Earth Sciences
- 2001-2005 4 years-fellowship
- 2005-2015: University Research – Sapienza University of Rome,
- 2015-2020: Associate Professor - Sapienza University of Rome
- Since 2020: Full professor - Sapienza University of Rome
- Carbonate sedimentology and stratigraphy of Mediterranean platforms
- Isotope Stratigraphy
- Cenozoic to Modern C-cycle perturbations
- Modern and fossi Seagrass environments
- Petroleum Geology
- Mixed carbonate-siliciclastic processes
Central Apennines, Balears Islands, Malta, Corsica and Sardinia, Sicily, Ligurian Alps
Awards and honors
Coauthors of most quoted and downloaded paper on Sedimentology for the year 2006
Outstanding reviewer per Sedimentary Geology (2017)
Outstanding reviewer per Marine and Petroleum Geology (2016)
- 2016-2017 Member of Faculty professor-student joint committee
- Since 2017 Member of Faculty monitoring committee”.
- Member of Earth Science doctoral school
SGI (Italian Geology Society), IAS (International Association of Sedimentologist)
Active Research Project
- 2019 Analisi delle litofacies, microfacies e modello deposizionale dell’intervallo carbonatico oligo-miocenico del campo ad olio di Rospo Mare (Oil Company)
- 2019 Carbon cycle perturbation along the Cenozoic and the role of volcanism: insight from the carbonate sedimentary records and Ca-rich igneous rocks (Progetti di Ateneo)
- 2020 Biocalcification crisis during Cenozoic, the role of Volcanism and CO2 atmospheric concentrations (Progetti di Ateneo
- Reviewer for Palaeoeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, Nature, Scientific Report, Geology, Special Publications of Geological Society of London, Bollettino della Società Geologica Italiana (Italian Journal of Geosciences), Sedimentology, Journal of the Geological Society, Facies, International Journal of Earth Sciences, Marine and Petroleum Geology, Journal of African Earth Sciences, Sedimentary Geology, Alcheringa, Hystorical Biology, Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, IAS Special Publication, Geological Journal, Comptes rendus Palevol.
- Since 2017 Associate Editor of Marine and Petroleum Geology
- Since 2018 Associate Editor of Italian Journal of Geosciences
- Geologia I (Laurea in Scienze Geologiche)
- Analisi sistemi carbonatici (I anno-II semestre della laurea magistrale in Geologia di Esplorazione)
List of papers in Google Scholar