DE VITO Caterina
Short Curriculum Vitae
1998: Graduated in Geological Sciences from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
1999: Researchfellowship (CNR, Istituto di Geoscienze e Georisorse) Rome (Italy)
2002: Ph.D. in Earth Sciences.
2002-2009 Research fellowship (Assegno di Ricerca biennale), Department of Earth Sciences
2010 – 2020: Researcher for the University of Rome“La Sapienza”
11/2020 –: Associate Professor at “La Sapienza, University of Rome”
Member of the Senate of Sapienza, University of Rome(from November 2016to October 2019),
Member of Sciences Faculty
- 1998 Graduated in Geological Sciences from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”
- 2002: Ph.D. in Earth Sciences
- 2010-2020 Researcher –Sapienza University of Rome,
- 2020-ongoing:Associate Professor- Sapienza University of Rome
- Carbon dioxide sequestration via mineral carbonation in aqueous solution
- Mineralogy, petrology and geochemistry of granitic pegmatites belonging to NYF-LCT and Mixed geochemical families
- Characterization of rare mineral species, particularly Nb-Ta oxides, emerald, tourmaline, beryl, using optical and electron microscopes (OM-SEM), electron microprobe analysis (EMPA), X-ray diffraction (XRD)
- Mineralogical, petrographic and geochemical characterization of materials used in Cultural Heritage
Awards and honors
- Prize for the Excellent Teaching in the Faculty of SMFN-2012-2013 Academic Year
- Prize for the Excellent Teaching in the Faculty of SMFN-2016-2017 Academic Year
- Member of the Senate of Sapienza, University of Rome, Italy (from November 2016-to October 2019).
- Delegate of the Rector (2018-2020)
- Delegate TICHE and DTBC for the Dept. of Earth Sciences
- Section Editor of the ISI scientific journal “Periodico di Mineralogia” (2016 – today) Member of the Editorial Board of the ISI journal “Scientific Reports”, Nature-group journal (2018-today)
- Petrografia e Laboratorio di materiali lapidei (II anno-II semestre della Laurea Triennale in Tecnologie per la Conservazione e il Restauro dei Beni Culturali)
- Minerali metallici e Gemme: Uso e Provenienza (I anno-II semestre in Scienze e Tecnologie per la Conservazione dei Beni Culturali)
List of papers in Google Scholar (https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=OF3fTo4AAAAJ&hl=it)
Citations 980; h-index 17(Scopus, 2021, May).
Website of the Professor: