November 2020 – present: Associate Professor at the Earth Science Department at Sapienza University of Rome
December 2011 – November 2020: Researcher at the Earth Science Department at Sapienza University of Rome
July 2010 - December 2011: Post doc Position at University of Perugia
January 2011: Honor mention for the “Ramsay Medal Prize” for the paper “Laboratory measurements of the physical properties of Triassic Evaporites from Central Italy and correlation with geophysical data”
December 2010: Awarded the EAGE, SPE and ASSOMIN prize 'Gustavo Sclocchi Thesis Award 2011' for his PhD Thesis (2.400 €).
February 2010- July 2010: Tutor position for the course: "Integrated Petroleum Geosciences Course (IPGC)" held at the University of Perugia in collaboration with Eni.
February 2010: PhD at University of Perugia. Thesis Title: The non-conventional seismogenic layer of the Northern Apennines (Italy): physical properties of Triassic Evaporites and their relation to crustal scale data.
February-March 2007: January-February 2008, February-March 2009: Visiting student at the Rock Physics Laboratory of University College of London to perform tests on Triassic Evaporites under the supervision of Prof. Philip G. Meredith
December 2006: Awarded University of Perugia studentship for 3 years
December 2006: PhD student at Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra Università degli studi di Perugia (Supervisors: Cristiano Collettini, University of Perugia and Sergio Vinciguerra, INGV Rome)
April 2006: Post- lauream Grant on the project COFIN 2005. Grant title: "3D Mechanical Models and applications on the structural setting of the Northern Appennines"
December 2005: Degree in geology (110/110). Thesis title: "A use of Slip Tendency analysis to test the applicability of fault reactivation theory to aftershock sequences". Sup. Cristiano Collettini
- 2005 Degree in Geological Sciences at University of Perugia
- 2010 PhD in Earth Sciences at University of Perugia
- 2010-2011 Post at University of Perugia
- 2011-2020 Researcher at Sapienza University of Rome
- From 2020 Associate Professor at Sapienza University of Rome
My scientific activity is mainly focused on the petrophysical properties of rocks and their implications on fault mechanics, earthquake enucleation and localization, and reservoir characterization. His research approach integrates laboratory-scale data with larger-scale data acquired in the field or through geophysical surveys. Laboratory data derive are mainly from uniaxial and triaxial deformation tests or static tests with acoustic measurements simulating crustal pressure and temperature conditions, while the field data range from classical structural geological surveys to the processing and interpretation of seismic or well data (electrical logs). This integration provides a broad view of the phenomena governing earthquake enucleation and subsurface fluid circulation, with implications ranging from earthquake geology to CO2 storage and subsurface resources estimation.
Apennines, Majella, Zagros, Adriatic Off-shore
Awards and Honors
- 2017 Best paper derived from Maset thesis at Petroleum Geology Student Contest - II Edition for the paper: Geremia, D., Trippetta, F. & Tesei, T.Relationship between the petrophysical characteristics and the seismic response of the Bolognano Formation (Majella, Italy). Modeling and analysis of synthetic AVO (Amplitude vs Offset).
- 2011 Honour mention for the “Ramsay Medal Prize” for the paper “Laboratory measurements of the physical properties of Triassic Evaporites from Central Italy and correlation with geophysical
- 2010 Awarded the EAGE, SPE and ASSOMIN prize 'Gustavo Sclocchi Thesis Award 2011' (2.400 €) for his PhD Thesis.2007 ‘Young Researcher financial support’ per partecipare alla Euro Conference of 'Rock Physics and Geomechanics' on Natural hazards: thermo-hydro-mechanical processes in rocks in Erice, Sicily
- 2007: Awarded 'Young Researcher' financial support to attend Euro Conference of 'Rock Physics and Geomechanics' on Natural hazards: thermo-hydro-mechanical processes in rocks in Erice, Sicily
SGI, Società Geologica Italiana
EGU, European Geosciences Union
AGU American Geophysical Union
SEG, Society of exploration Geophysicists
Progetti di ricerca attivi
- P.I. of the project: “deCrypting fLuids movEments on cARbonatE Rocks (CLEARER)”. Sapienza Projects.
- I. of the project: “Fault structure and slip behaviour: insights from field studies and rock deformation experiments” Sapienza Projects P.I. Cristiano Collettini, Sapienza Projects
- I. of the project Fault Stability (ENI)
- 2000-present: Reviewer for the journals: cience Reviews, Heliyon, International Journal of Earth Sciences, Journal of Applied Geophysics, Journal of Geophysical Research, Journal of Mediterranean Earth Sciences, Journal of petroleum Science and Engineering, Journal of Rock mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Journal of Structural Geology, Journal of the Geological Society of London, Journal of Marine and Petroleum Geology, Minerals, Petroleum Science, Scientific Reports, Solid Earth, Tectonophysics, Energies, Terra Nova.
- 2019-present Academic Editor of PLOS ONE Journal
- 2019-present Editorial board member of “International Journal of Petroleum Science and Technology (IJPST)
- 2017-present editorial board member of “Journal of Mediterranean Earth Sciences”
- Petroleum Geology (LM Geologia di Esplorazione 6 CFU - I semestre)
- Fundamentals of Geology (LT Scienze geografiche per l'ambiente e la salute 6 CFU - II semestre)
- Geological detection internship (LT Scienze Geologiche 3 CFU – II Semestre)
List of papers in Google Scholar
Citations: 674; h-index 15 (from Scopus April 2021).